Unity Offshore Training School Launched

Share this

Do you want to become an offshore worker in the energy industry?

This might be a great opportunity for you to start your journey with us.

The training school is aimed at both people interested in going offshore for the first time and train to become a Wellhead Technician, and existing offshore workers looking for a change of career.

The next intake is planned to start on 12th September and further intake dates will follow.

Do you want to join the programme? Register your interest by going to the link on our jobs page, complete the application and send in your CV. You will also be asked to complete a questionnaire (sent by email) and tell us why you are interested. If your profile matches, then you will be invited for interview. If you are offered a position, you will be asked to complete the offshore medical before you start, which Unity will arrange for you.

What experience or qualifications do you need to have to apply?

No experience or qualifications necessary, as training will be given, we simply ask that you:

  • Have a willingness to learn and progress
  • Possess the ability to self-motivate
  • Can work as part of a team

What happens during the course?

You will undergo a programme of training, at our Aberdeen base in Dyce, that starts in the classroom, including some e-learning modules, then moves into the workshop to gain the exposure on equipment relevant to our competency modules and prior to joining our offshore pool. After each period offshore you have some time off, then go back into the workshop for more training before your next period offshore. Over the course of 12-18 months, you will be provided with training and skills experience to enable you to build up your competency portfolio and progress from Trainee Technician to Wellhead Technician.

The course will include essential offshore training such as:

  • BOSIET with CA EBS
  • MIST
  • OGUK Medical

Who pays for the training?

Unity will pay for the training, however there is a potential for some costs to be reclaimed if you leave within the first year.

So all you need to do now is to go to the link and start filling the form in:


Back to news